We are searching for a self-motivated and talented Event Specialist to assist SIM Canada in delivering events that build on the Vision and Mission of the organization. You will be tasked to renew, build and steward SIM’s relationships, generate excitement around our mission-based organization and grow/amplify brand awareness. This position reports directly to the Executive Director.
• The Event Specialist will be responsible for conceptualizing event themes on various scales, preparing and managing event timelines and coordinating all technical and logistical aspects of the event.
• The Event Specialist should deliver an excellent brand experience for our audience, reinforce people-to-mission relations, enhance our organization's image, aid mission growth, and drive fundraising initiatives.
• Manage event staff and volunteers, preparing and managing the budgets, expenditure reports, and managing risks.
• Managing and overseeing events on the day of, including problem-solving, directing event set-up, communicating with staff, and organizing vendors, and managing take-down.
• Engagement with SIM’s network of people, churches and organizations to organize planning teams.
Event Specialist Requirements:
• Degree or Diploma in Event Planning, Hospitality, Public Relations, and/or Marketing preferred.
• 3+ years in Event Planning (small to large scale) and or combination of education and experience.
• You will possess good organizational skills, great leadership qualities, excellent multi-tasking skills, warm interpersonal skills, and creativity.
• Your ‘think-outside-of-the-box’ resourcefulness in organizing and hosting successful events that meet strategic objectives will aid us in promoting our mission-based organization.
• Project management experience with good attention to detail.
• Site research and selection.
• You enjoy the freedom of working within a flexible schedule, as you may be required to work at different hours in the mornings, late evenings, and some weekends. Flexibility to travel at times within Canada.
• Valid driver’s license with clean driver’s abstract.
• Familiarity with and commitment to SIM’s vision, strategy and ministries
All Members of the National Office are expected to be involved in the following:
• Attend Daily Prayer Chapels (8:30 AM – 9:00 AM)
• Attend Monthly Half Day of Prayer (every 2nd Wednesday of the month)
• Participate on staff Committees as needed or have interest
SIM Canada National Office - 10 Huntingdale Blvd, Scarborough, ON, M1W 2S5
Full-time position, working 5 days a week, 7.5 hours a day, plus a 45-minute lunch (8:30 AM – 4:45 PM).
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
SIM Mission Statement:
Convinced that no one should live and die without hearing God's good news, we believe that He has called us to make disciples of the Lord Jesus Christ in communities where he is least known.
Therefore, compelled by God's great love and empowered by the Holy Spirit…
• We cross barriers to proclaim the crucified and risen Christ, expressing His love and compassion among those who live and die without Him,
• We make disciples who will trust and obey Jesus, and become part of Christ-centered churches,
• We work together with churches to fulfill God's mission across cultures locally and globally,
• We facilitate the participation in cross-cultural ministry of those whom God is calling.
SIM Canada welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process providing the applicant has met the bona-fide for the open position. Applicants need to make their requirements known when contacted.