Wells for Burkina Faso
Vision of the project
The aim of this project is to provide abundant clean water to communities in the north and east of Burkina Faso and other needy areas where clean water is in short supply. This provision of water to needy communities is intended to provide clear witness of the love of Christ to the people of these communities, facilitating the sharing of the Good News and the planting and strengthening of churches. SIM works in partnership with local and regional churches and Christian ministries as well as Friends in Action (FIA) and other international organizations to accomplish the objectives of the project.
Covid-19 kept the project from benefiting from newly purchased geophysical survey equipment as training could not be provided because of travel restrictions for the trainer. This is planned for October 2021.
SIM has been involved in digging and drilling wells in Burkina Faso for the last 2 decades.
– Working with local and international partners to obtain the most cost-effective means to provide wells.
– Surveying areas for need, accessibility and potential impact for the gospel in partnership with local churches and institutions.
– Drilling wells in communities where church planting is taking place as a way of showing the love of Christ to the community.
– Drilling wells on some church properties as needed (for the purpose of church growth).
– Repairing wells where needed and in some circumstances, supporting urban installations where this is more cost effective.